Succeeded in switching languages！
Most people may have had acne, If you don't get effective acne treatment, you may leave a scar on your face. As we age, these acne scars will become more and more obvious due to skin collagen’s decreasing. There are many acne treatments available for reducing scar on the market, such as laser treatment, high frequency facial treatment, radio frequency facial treatment, chemical peels, etc.
However, the key to choose the best acne treatment is distinguishing from different scar types. What types of scars existing then, and we ought to choose which facial treatment to reduce acne scar. Let us find out.
Want to clear acne scar completely, it is essential to understand what causes acne scar at first. Typically, the acne scar is caused by inflammatory acne lesions, such as papules, pustules, or cysts. Of course, there are many factors leading to long-term acne scars.
Firstly, family genetic is a very important factor, if your family members had acne scars, you may have a high risk of getting long-term acne scars.
Secondly, your skin type will also affect the type of acne scars. Skin with lighter toning is easy to get acne redness, and skin with darker toning probably is prone to hyperpigmentation.
Additionally, your age and the quantity of skin collagen have an influence on acne scars as well, if the body produces too little collagen, it will come out depressions when skin healing.
Finally, excess sun exposure is another important external factors causing acne scars.
The thing worse than getting acne is the long-term scars on the face. Some people are prone to scars, even after removing acne. You may be at a high risk of developing scars if you’re in the below condition:
- With swollen, and redness acne, the type of acne will penetrate deep into the skin, then damage the skin.
- Delay or no treating acne with inflammation, if you delay treating the inflammatory acne, the risk of scarring will be increasing.
- Squeezes, or pops acne, which brings skin infection, easily get acne scars.
When you understand which acne scar on your face, you will know how to choose the most reasonable acne treatment. Typically, there are 4 different types of acne scars in life. They are Ice pick, Rolling, Boxcar, and Hypertrophic. Ice pick acne scars are small and narrow, Rolling scar has a wave-like appearance, wide and shallow. Boxcar scars have angular, well-defined edges, it usually leaves depressed areas on the skin. Hypertrophic scars are raised scars.
In general, reducing acne scars should start to chemical exfoliation, the gentle chemical exfoliation is the first step to heal scars. Like Alpha hydroxy acids, Lactic acid, Salicylic acid, can be used for all acne scars. Notes that it is also important to apply sunscreen with high SPF to avoid sun exposure.
Some common facial treatments are able to help clear acne scars effectively. Include:
- Microdermabrasion Machine. It is one of the best treatments for acne scar, which is called diamond dermabrasion or microdermabrasion, microdermabrasion uses a stainless diamond head to help deeply exfoliate the top skin layer, it’s more suitable for the surface acne scars like a shallow boxcar or rolling scars.
- Radio frequency skin tightening. This is the latest facial treatment for acne scars and it is affordable. The radio frequency facial treatment provides radio-frequency heat energy to stimulate the more production of skin collagen, thus tighten facial skin and smooth depression scars. It is beneficial for depressed acne scars, such as deep icepick and boxcar scars.
- Micro needling. This facial treatment uses a small roller with full tiny needles to roll on the surface of the scars. The needles puncture the deep skin layer, stimulate skin collagen production, helps skin heals. It is best for depressed acne scars.
- Injections. The medical scar treatment is usually operated by a dermatologist. They inject different medications into acne scars to soften and smooth raised scars. Getting the best result, you may need several repeat treatments. It is used for painful and raised scars.
- Laser acne scar treatment. Not like chemical peels, and dermabrasion, laser treatment for acne scars removes the top layer of the skin, underneath younger skin cells, it has faster healing time than other facial treatments. Laser treatment fits for all acne scars, especially for the skin with lighter toning.
If you’d like to prevent acne scars happening, the best way is to clear acne once appearing. When you have severe acne, acne that began at a young age, blood relatives had acne scars, please treat acne timely. Even after acne clearing, you still need to continue acne treatment, you can not stop treating the skin until the dermatologist tells you. Other than this, avoid picking, squeezing and popping, which may cause a permanent acne scar. Finally, learn to care your skin gently, keep skin cleansing and moisturizing.
To be honest, the best acne spot treatment must be suitable for individual skin type and acne scar type. First of all, you need to know which type of acne scars you belong to, Ice pick scars, Rolling scars, Boxcar scars or Hypertrophic scars. Then, to choose a natural acne treatment, medical acne treatment or other facial acne treatment according to the severity of acne scar. Don’t forget that skincare after acne treatment is very important.