One of the embarrass life experiences is lifting your arms when you’re out in public, and realizing that you forgot to shave.
Actually, most sites of your skin have hair but with invisible hair. But some noticeable hairs can be very bothersome, particularly for women. These include hairs on bikini line, woman’s chin, or woman’s upper lip.
The grade of hair growth on the unexpected areas varies from woman to woman. Experts say that the hormone levels and heredity can play a key role. However, other factors such as illness, the use of improperly hair removal methods, or the use of certain medicines may also have an effect.
Imagine never having to worry about your arms and legs getting stubbly. You would never have to worry about bumpy ingrown hair or crib about the painful waxing experience you had the other day. You would also never have to buy razors in bulk from the supermarket again.
Sounds like a dream? Well, laser hair removal can turn this dream into reality.
For many of us shaving or waxing your unwanted body hair just seems like a necessary evil – however, with the relatively recent emergence of commercial laser hair removal, someday in the near future body hair for those who don’t want it may become a relic of the past. Laser hair removal is not an option for just anyone, and there are certainly many factors to consider when deciding if it’s the right choice for you.
But, wait! Before you bid adieu to your razors and waxing kit, you need to be aware of the potential risks and side effects of laser hair removal.
Laser hair removal is a non-invasive procedure in which a laser is used to reduce the growth of body hair. It is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures that people undergo to get rid of unwanted hair. In this procedure, a concentrated beam of light is targeted at the melanin (a type of pigment) in your hair. The light converts into heat and damages the hair follicle, thus inhibiting or delaying hair growth.
You can get laser hair removal done on any part of your body. The main target areas are arms, legs, shoulders and so on.
1. It’s a long process. A session of laser hair removal on the underarms takes less than a minute. However, it takes multiple sessions to see real results (anywhere between three and eight depending on the size of the area), and you generally have to wait six weeks between treatments.
Laser hair removal does not claim to remove hair forever, but it will remove hair for much longer than traditional methods. If and when any hairs regrow, it’s claimed that they will grow back sparser and lighter. This is the big issue as far as we’re concerned – why shell out tons of money if your hair is just going to come back?
2. This is the biggest drawback on the lists of many, and for good reason. To fully remove hair in a large section of your body, multiple sessions may be necessary, and the time can increase based on how dark and coarse your hair grows. Each session can range from 80-200, and that can add up pretty quickly. Many women who have tried laser removal have complained that the price is too high for the possibility of only semi-permanent hair removal.
3. Duh! There are few great hair removal methods that are pain-free, and lasering rates pretty high on the pain scale. Many with experience have compared the feeling to the snap of a taut rubber band against the skin – repeatedly. While it does sound pretty uncomfortable, we can’t imagine it can be any worse than getting a tattoo, getting a piercing, or getting waxed.
4. Since the contrast between the color of the skin and the color of the pigment in the hair follicle is what allows the laser to easily pick out what to target, laser hair removal works best on fair skin with dark hair and worse on darker skin.
5. If done by an untrained technician, laser hair removal could leave burns or scars on the skin. Even doctors who want to provide laser hair removal treatments need further training.
Removing unwanted hair using laser hair removal can be daunting especially for first timers. You should be aware that it has potential risks and should check for reviews and credentials before choosing a laser hair removal service. Then finally you can make a decision of whether you want to do the hair removal or not.
If you like my blog, you can share with your friends. Thanks!